Messiah's Blood - The Blood of Messiah
(This article was first posted on the Torah Codes List back in 1997)
What I have found is the words "Messiah's Blood" in the Torah 8 times with a Skip of 1 to 386. I have written it down into Part I, II, & III.
When I found this, it was on a day that, I was praying for the truth to be made known to a Jewish friend of mine. Jewish people today, for the most part, do not believe that Messiah had to shed His blood or suffer for their sins, however the Jewish people of old believed differently. I could quote many ancient Rabbis but many of you know them already. However, I will quote a few to make my point.
1. A Commentary on Isaiah 53:4-6, Pesikta Rabbati ch. 36 states:
"And the Holy One made an agreement with Him (The Messiah) and said to Him, "The sins of those which are forgiven for your sake will cause you to be put under an iron yoke, and they will make you like this calf whose eyes are dim, and they will choke your spirit under the yoke, and on account of their sins your tongue shall cleave to your mouth. Are you willing to do this?" "Perhaps this agony will last many years?" And the Holy One said to Him: "By your life and by the life of my head, one week only have I decreed for you; but if your soul is grieved I shall destroy them even now." But He (The Messiah) said to Him: "Sovereign of the world, with the gladness of my soul and the joy of my heart I take it upon me, on condition that not one of Israel shall perish and not only in my days, but also those who are hid in the dust; and not only should the dead of my own time be saved, but all the dead from the dead from the first man until now; also the unborn and those whom thou hast intended to create. Thus I agree, and on this condition I will take it upon myself."
This portion of the Midrash, called the Haggadah which was compiled in the 9th century, was based on writings from Talmudic times from 200 BCE- 400 CE
2. A Commentary on Isaiah 53:5, Rabbi Elijah de Vidas states:
" But he was wounded, etc.... meaning that since the MESSIAH bears our iniquities which produce the effect of His being bruised, it follows that whosoever will not admit that MESSIAH thus suffers for our iniquities, must endure and suffer for himself."
It is wrong to believe that most Jewish people know this information, or read these Commentaries, for most have never heard of the many quotes, from the Rabbi's of old.
Now for Part I of my find:
"Messiah Blood" ( mem-shin-yod-chet-dalet-mem) 8 times found in Torah by a Skip, (ELS, equa-distance sequence) of 1 to 386. I was led to use a 386 skip because (Yeshua) Jesus' name in Hebrew is YOD which = 10, SHIN =300, VAV = 6 & AYIN =70. When you add them up you get a total which = 386. So, by faith, I used the number of His name to search with this day. By the way, a Skip of a + means the Hebrew text is read right to left. A Skip of a - means the Hebrew text is read left to right.
This is what I found with that Skip in Torah, the first 5 books of the Hebrew Bible:
1. Gen. 5:3 to 5:18, a Skip of +124, starting with the Mem in the word "name" Strongs # 8034. This passage is talking about the lineage of Adam.
2. Gen. 17:19 to 18:24, Skip of +323, starting in the first word "And Said" #559. This passage is talking about the promise G-d made, an everlasting covenant between He and Isaac. At this point Isaac was not yet born, and Sarah had not yet laughed. But G-d in his foreknowledge knew Sarah would laugh when the L-RD would bring the message that she would bear a child in her old age.
3. Lev. 23:34 to 24:3, Skip of +159, starting in the word "Fifteenth" #2568. In this chapter which tells of the Feasts of the L-RD, we find that in verse 34, G-d tells Moses, the man of G-d, that on the fifteenth day of 7th month shall be the Feast of Tabernacles, i.e. Booths, which will last 8 days. And the last day of the Feast shall be a Sabbath Rest, a Shemini Atzeres, this is the 8th day. A Shemini Atzeres is like a shadow (Col. 2:17) of the Olam Haba, or the 1000 year reign of Messiah on earth, a time of rest. We can only enter true rest through "Messiah's Blood," by His atoning work.
4. Num. 1:6 to 1:32, Skip of -211, starting in the word Simeon #8095. In this passage the census/genealogy of Israel's warriors is being shown to us. The root of the name Simeon is "Shema", meaning to "Hear". This is the watch word in Jewish Life and Death.
5. Num. 1:45 to 2:21, Skip of -266, starting in the word "Their Fathers" #1. Same passage as above.
6. Num. 2:9 to 2:31, Skip of -186, starting in the word "hundred" #3967. In this passage we read about the Banners, or Standards of the tribes. The tribe of Judah is mentioned in verse 9 and Dan in verse 31.
7. Num. 11:21 to 12:15, Skip of +310, starting in the word Moses #4872. In this passage G-d asked Moses, 'Is the L-RD'S HAND to short?' And a great plague was kindled on the people.
8. Num. 31:30 to 31:36, Skip of +48, starting in the word "Man" #120. This passage deals with the tithe that is to be paid to the Levites
Let me restate myself, I chose a 1 to 386 Skip because of the Gematria of Yeshua's name. Eight is also linked to His Greek name, which adds up to 888. Eight also means New Beginnings, and has to do with the New Covenant Rest. This makes the passage of Lev 23:34 to 24:3 even more significant, because it speaks of the 8th Day Rest, a Sabbath. I will tell you this, the Name Yeshua also is revealed in Lev chapter 23, as well as the phrase "in Him is strength".
Now we can also spell Messiah's Blood or Blood of Messiah, this way (dalet-mem-mem-shin-yod-chet). Still searching the Torah with a Skip of 1-386, I found 5 places where it is encoded. Five is G-d's number for Grace.
1. Gen. 4:25 to 10:6, Skip of -385, starting with the Chet in the word another # 312. In this passage we find that 'Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For G-d she said, has appointed me ANOTHER seed instead of Abel, who Cain slew.' Eve was looking for a deliver through her seed, which she brought forth in blood. We know without Seth there could be no Messiah.
2. Ex 7:19 to 22:8, Skip of +381, starting with the Dalet in the word "Hand" #3027. What we have in this passage is very powerful, we see G-d telling Moses to tell Aaron, "take thy rod, and stretch out your HAND upon the waters of Egypt, upon the streams, upon their rivers, and upon their ponds, and upon all their pools of water, that they may become blood; and that there may be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, both in vessels of wood, and in vessels of stone." This is the first of the plague's to be poured out on Egypt, a blood plague.
3. Lev 21:6 to 22:18, Skip of -355, starting with the Chet in the word "to pollute", (to profane, to wound, or to pierce) #2490. This passage speaks to the priests, the sons of Aaron, about the things they can and cannot do. In verse 6 we read: "They shall be holy unto their G-d, and not WOUND, PROFANE, PIERCE, or POLLUTE the name of their G-d: for the offerings of the L-RD made by fire, and the bread of their G-d, they do offer: therefore they shall be holy."
4. Num. 4:31 to 5:2, Skip of +186, starting with the Dalet in the word pillar, (column or stand) #5982. This passage is telling us about the "service in the tabernacle of the congregation; the boards of the tabernacle, and the bars thereof, and the PILLARS thereof, and sockets thereof ".
5. Num. 33:38 to 33:41, Skip of +19, starting with the Dalet in the word "Moon', as in NEW MOON, or MONTH #2320. We read that "Aaron the priest went up into mount Hor at the commandment of the L-RD, and died there, in the fortieth year after the children of Israel were come out of the land of Egypt, in the first day of the fifth month." The word "Month" in this verse, is really NEW MOON, which is the first of ever month on the Jewish calendar.
Let me now speak of the number FIVE, the HEY in Hebrew.
Five as we said before is the number of GRACE. In the Tabernacle there were 5 pillars that supported the linen hangings of 5 cubits X 5 cubits. Linen always speaks of righteousness. The alter, where the burnt offerings were placed, was 5 cubits X 5 cubits square, once again showing G-d's Grace by accepting the offerings. Just about every measurement in the Tabernacle was a multiple of FIVE. Genesis chapter 1, speaks of Life, Living, and Living things, 5 times. The Hebrew word "or", light is used 5 times in Gen. chapter 1, and the word "maor", meaning "light giver" is used 5 times in the passage on the 4th day of creation. G-d in changing Abram`s and Sarai`s names gave to them the 5th letter of the Hebrew AlphaBet, a HEY, to be added to their names. Abram becomes AvraHam, and Sarai becomes, SaraH, adding GRACE to their names. The Blood of Messiah is the Gift of Grace, to all who will call on the name of the L-RD.
The phase The Blood Of The Messiah, in Hebrew is spelled (dalet-mem-hey-mem-shin-yod-chet, ) according to Dr. James D. Price, Ph.D., Professor of Hebrew and Old Testament, at Temple Baptist Seminary in Chattanooga, TN. Also, according to Dr. Price the Hebrew must have the definite article (hey) in the phrase to read "The Messiah".
In looking for, the phrase The Blood of The Messiah with the Skip of 1 to 386, this Skip provided nothing. However, upon flashing a prayer to the L-RD, I had Scripture come to mind. It was Psalms 90:4, "For a thousand years in your sight O' G-d, are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night." Also II Peter 3:8, tells use the same thing, and in verse 9 we read: "The L-RD is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance, (Teshuvah)." The number 7000 came to mind, one thousand years for each day. So I tried a Skip of 1 to 7000, in each of the first five books of the Bible, and here is what I found.
The Blood Of The Messiah (dalet-mem-hey-mem-shin-yod-chet)
In Genesis, I found nothing.
1. In Ex. 14:8 to 30:23, I found a Skip of +4296, starting with a Dalet in the word HAND, (YAD) #3027. In this passage we see the Children of Israel, "when out of Egypt, with a high HAND." This is talking about the Power of the Hand of the Almighty.
In Leviticus, I found nothing.
2. In Num. 17:23 to 27:3, I found a Skip of +2640, starting again with the Dalet in the word WITNESS or TESTIMONY,(EDUWTH) #5707. This passage is speaking of "Aaron's rod that budded in the Tabernacle of Witness."
In verse 23 we read, "And the L-RD said unto Moses, Bring Aaron's rod again before the TESTIMONY, to be kept for a token against the rebels; and thou shalt quite take away their murmuring from me, that they die not."
3. In Num. 6:14 to 26:50, I found a Skip of -5927, starting with a Chet in the word ONE, (ECHAD) a plural, or united ONE #259. This Skip is the longest Skip of the three that I found, yet I think it is also powerful in it's placement. Verse 13 -14, tells us about "the Nazarite, that when the days of his separation are filled, he is to bring an offering to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation:" "and he shall offer his offering unto the L-RD, ONE he lamb of the first year without blemish for a Burnt Offering (this is in Hebrew is a Olah, a Holocaust), and one ewe lamb of the first year without blemish for sin offering, and one ran without blemish for peace offering."
To be truthful, at first I was not sure of the significance of the large Skip numbers, and what they meant. However, I do find a Shemology in the placement of the three words where these Skips fall.
Yad - Eduwth - EchaD
If we were to read these three words as a sentence, they might read like this:
(A) High Hand (gives) Testimony (to THE) ONE
Deut. 6:4, tells us this: "Hear O Israel: The L-RD our G-D is ONE (echaD), L-RD". The word shemA, and the word "echaD" are often written with enlarged letters on their ends. The reason is that the word ED, (Ayin Dalet) is the word WITNESS (see Joshua 22:27). So, according to the Rabbis, the ED, (Ayin Dalet) stands as a Witness, or a Testimony in the 'Shema' (Duet 6:4), to the L-RD being ONE. I think that the three words in my find speak the same thing.
A Powerful Hand Witnesses G-d is ONE
That Powerful Hand is Messiah Yeshua, and He exclamation in the Gospel of Mark 12:29, "The first of all the commandments is , Hear O Israel; The L-RD our G-d is one L-RD."
No conflict with Judaism on this point at all. Our G-d is One, but that One is a Tri-unity. The word EchaD is a plural one, and that is part of the mystery of G-d. Now before I end this Part III, let me tell you about a little about the number THREE.
Three means: Divine Completeness, Entire, or Perfection. Three gives Revelation. Some words that only occur 3 times in the Word are: Ancient, Glorious, Medicines, and Lame. What about G-d's attributes! They are 3: Omniscience, Omnipresence, and Omnipotence. How does G-d work! He worked in our past, He is working in our present, and He will be working in our future.
In Genesis 18, three men came to Abraham, and one was the L-RD. We find the phrase " the tent door" repeated 3 times in Genesis 18. We Believers know Messiah as the Door, the only way to G-d. In Num. 6:23-27, Israel is given a 3 fold Blessing. And just as the number 5 is seen in the Tabernacle, so is the number 3. There are 3 divisions in the dwelling place of G-d on earth, the Court, the Holy Place, and the Holy of Holies. There are 3 metals used in the construction of the Tabernacle, Gold, Silver, and Brass and there are 3 colors, Blue, Purple, and Scarlet. It also had 3 entrances, the One Gate, the One Door, and the Veil to the Holy of Holies.
The book of Leviticus is the 3rd book, and has 27 chapters, that is 3x3x3. It has 3 Feasts ordained and set forth in 3 Events: 1. Passover with the Feast of Unleavened Bread and First Fruits, the spring Feasts. 2. Then 50 days later, the Feast of Shavuot, or Pentecost. 3. Then beginning with Yom Teruah, the Day of Blowing, and 10 days later Yom Kippur, and the last Tabernacles, with the 8th day, Shemini Atzeret, we have the fall Feast. These seven Festivals make up the 3 Events that the L-RD says, are His Feast days, according to Leviticus 23.
Many Believers in Yeshua, Jesus, The Messiah say, that the whole of Scripture speaks of Him (Psalms 40:7-8). Every Letter, every Name (Shemology), each and every Number, and even the spaces mean something according to the Sages of old. Even the systems of the Value of the Hebrew and Greek Letters (Gematria) and ELS (regardless of whether they are short Skips, or long Skips) mean something. They all mean something to G-d.
G-d, in these, the last days, is revealing many truths to many people. He wants to reveal to us His All, who is Messiah Yeshua. Do you have eyes to see with, and ears to hear? I pray you do. May we all be willing to take a look, and see all these things, before we throw out "the baby" with "the bath water."
The WORD of G-d, is OBJECTIVE when it claims: Low I come in the Volume of the Book, it is written of Me (Psa 40:7). The "Me" is Messiah Yeshua!
SHEMOLOGY is the study of the Hebrew and Greek Names and the messages they may give. Mayim Hayim Ministries is attributed with coining this term in Systematic Theology in the year 1994.
For permission to reproduce this material in any form, please contact the author.
Our Teaching Statement